Friday, April 6, 2018

Swimming Pools and Alpine Hiking

Yep, still in Bishop! And it's still good. 

Explored some of the swimming holes the other day. There's several of them along the Owens River and they're really nice. It's finally warm enough to swim in them comfortably. Guess I can stop going to the church in town for free showers!


On another day I realized I hadn't done any hiking in the area yet. I tried to hike the Bishop Pass Trail, but the road was closed. So then I tried driving to North Lake and that road was closed also, but closed much closer to the trailhead. So I hiked along the road for a mile in a tolerable level of snow. Then hit an intolerable level of snow... I post-holed my way to the end of Sabrina Lake for a nice view and hauled out of there before my toes fell off. Might invest in some snow shoes soon...


And more climbing. Like trying to send this boulder in flip-flops. I couldn't do it, but managed to send it barefoot instead. It was a proud accomplishment.


Still spending my rest days working on my website. It might be ready soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment