Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Day 216 - Buckley Dunton Lake


The warmth of the water
as I push the kayak out into the lake and jump in.
The hurried buzzing of the water striders zooming across the water
leaving bright sparkling reflections of the sun in their paths.
The zen-link to and fro of the beavers
as they swim laps between felled trees and their homes.
The sound of thunder rolling in the distance.
The darkening of the water by incoming clouds. The stillness in the air.
The sight and sound of incoming rain from across the lake.
Ever increasing in volume and strength as it rushes towards my camp.
The fury of a thunderstorm followed quickly by blue skies and jubilant birds. 
The brief appearance of a rainbow so bright and commanding
you forget completely where you are or where you're going.
The slowly warming shine of the clouds above
reflected in the lake below as the sun sets behind the mountains.
The crackling and flickering of the fire beside my hammock
whispering me to sleep.
Being surrounded by this raw and truthful environment has brought me to my happy place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive